Physicals and Forms
Physicals are extremely important if you want to run cross country or participate in any sport. Let me emphasize something first:
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RUN OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY SCHOOL ATHLETICS WITHOUT A VALID PHYSICAL. NO EXCEPTIONS.
So, check when your last physical was. If you got your latest physical this spring, awesome! Last summer? Not so much.
- You don't need a physical for optional summer training workouts, but for preseason practices, your physical needs to be valid and dated after April 15, 2019.
- To complete your physical, print and fill out the medical history form found here. This printed form must also be taken to be filled out when you complete your physical with your primary care doctor or at an AISD physical event. You must then fill out the Electronic Participation Forms for AISD which include a UIL Forms Signature Page and Emergency Information Form. Once your online forms are submitted, and you have turned in the printed form at a preseason practice or to the Trainer at LBJ, you are ready to run.
- You can get a free physical examination from AISD in the spring, get one from your primary care through your health insurance, or get one at a medical clinic like MedSpring.
- If you are new to LASA this year and might be running varsity, please speak to Coach Ortiz about the UIL Varsity Eligibility Form.
Here is a list of requirements for the physical. You must have all of these filled out in order to get cleared!
- Medical history form (paper document)
- Physical form (paper document, filled out by your doctor)
- Emergency student information card (paper document, last two pages of the physical packet)
- UIL forms (electronic document)
- Contact info (electronic document)